- Services & Support
- Sales & Distribution
Electro-Hydraulic Control Solutions for
Material Handling - Telehandlers
The material handling industry encompasses a variety of vehicles and machines that specialize in efficient lifting, rapid transport, and accurate placement of goods and materials of all sizes, shapes, and weights. Telehandlers and fork lifts are the mainstays of this industry, operating indoors in factories and warehouses, or outdoors on farms and construction sites. Safe lifting of materials and safety for the operator are paramount in this field and new safety regulations are requiring redesign of equipment.
HydraForce has a wide range of expertise in material handling applications
We can provide numerous opportunities to improve the control, efficiency and safety of material handling equipment through the use of hydraulic cartridge valves.
Choose your Material Handling Solution option:
Click on the tabs below to learn
more about our Material Handling Solutions for Telehandlers.
- Main Controls
- Variable Speed Fan Drives
- Steering and Brakes
- EH Control
- Electronic Controls
Main Control Solutions for TelehandlersControl Options from top to bottom...
• Piloted directional control valves provide cost-effective control of telescoping, lift, an sway functions.
• Improved serviceability for steering and boom function
From brakes and steering to telescoping the boom and holding the load,
hydraulic cartridge valves work on every level in the telehandler market
• Reach higher, lift faster, use less fuel, hold more load, turn sharper corners, fit in
tighter work spaces, and meet stricter safety regulations.
• Small compact cartridge valves for efficient responsive control
Load Moment Limitation
• European safety standard EN 15000
• Ensures stability by automatically reducing speed before unloading
Gravity Lowering…can augment or act as an efficient alternative to power down systems
• Use the force of nature for load-lowering rather than engine power
• Improve efficiency
• Save fuel – up to one gallon of fuel per hour
Reproduced with the kind permission of J. C. Bamford Excavators Limited
Transmission Solutions for Telehandlers
• Compact, cost effective and fuel efficient
• Fast, reliable response, smooth
• Contamination-resistant, IP69K-rated
coils and corrosion resistant plating
A typical two-speed transmission for a telehandler
• Control valves provide variable fan speed control depending on air
temperature,load and cooling requirements independent of engine RPM
- Up to 30% HP vs traditional
• Checks protect the motor from cavitating
• Two-position valves can reverse fan direction to help remove dust and
debris from radiator
• Precise control of coolant temperature and reduced engine wear
ERT 120 Sensor available• Designed for use in demanding applications
Model Temp range Output signal
ERT120 -40 to 150 °C (-40 to 300 °F) 436 to 5428 Ω
ERT130 -40 to 135 °C (-40 to 275 °F) 46 to 18.5 kΩ
ERT150 -40 to 150 °C (-40 to 300 °F) 33 to 26 kΩ
ERT 120 Temperature Sensor
Priority Steering and Brake Solutions for Telehandlers
• Provides priority flow for brakes / steering
• Store hydraulic energy for use upon
• Fail safe load shuttle
Simple Brake Circuit
Provides reduced pressure to power off the brakes
Alternative Brake Circuit
includes hand pump for emergency pumping of the brake
Dynamic Steering• Serviceable 3 pos / 4 way valve replaces sub-plate valves
• Double-blocking valves eliminate leakage concerns
Four wheel drive series-parallel crossover with torque dividers for a telehandler
Torque Divider• Balances the pressure drop across each
• Efficiently sized to accommodate the flow
difference between motors
HydraForce is pleased to offer a full line of electronic vehicle control products integrating engine, transmission and other machine functions into a common J1939 or CAN Open Data Link control circuit.
These systems consist of rugged, field-proven components suitable for heavy-duty operating conditions. PWM digital signal logic maximizes efficiency, response and signal integrity under harsh environmental conditions. Reliability has been proven through extensive testing, as well as years of real-world application experience.
This is a complete line of the most rugged, heavy duty vehicle machine controllers, monitors, displays and electrical connectors for motion control and integrated machine control applications in mobile, off-highway and material handling equipment.
• Reliable operation in the most demanding mobile
• Operating temperatures from -40 to 85°C
• Chemical splash immunity
• Moisture resistance to IP67 specifications
• Fully resistant to EMI/RFI
• Vibration resistant to 8 Grms (random) 24–200 Hz,