- Services & Support
- Sales & Distribution
Maximizes the effectiveness and efficiency of the application development and support efforts and ensures that the overall architecture cost-effectively provides long-term alignment between the business and requirements and the information technology business application systems. Develops and maintains the company’s system development methodology and monitors its utilization.
- Ensures the reliable processing of and support for assigned package, custom and as-a-service business system applications.
- Works proactively with all levels in the company to identify business functions and processes that can be improved by applying information technology to generate increased profits.
- Contributes to the development of IT strategic plans and budgeting process. Manages project and department budgets ensuring efficient use of the resources and funds available while delivering the projects and services required.
- Proactively meets with users and IT management, staff and committees to identify business requirements, define the objectives and scope of projects and create system development and implementation plans; provides advice on business process and system designs that solve business problems or exploit business opportunities.
- Oversees key projects and development efforts to ensure a high-quality and efficient execution of the project from definition, planning, system design, solution development, testing, documentation and implementation.
- Develops application development plans and budgets as requested by the CIO for the strategic plans and the annual budgeting, especially as they relate to the applications and architecture. As needed and appropriate, identifies and corrects project and department budget variances.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience implementing modern PLM, manufacturing ERP / manufacturing execution and shop floor related applications, preferably in an engineer/configure/ make-to-order business models. Experience with a global manufacturing and supply chain businesses is ideal.
- Experience managing the development and support activities for a set of application systems for a medium to large sized company, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- For major projects, extensive experience in developing project definitions and plans, including business requirements, technical requirements, costs and benefits analysis, and implementation plans. Successful execution of implementation plans a must.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills along with strong organization skills and a strong attention to details. Experience developing the business case for IT infrastructure initiatives.
- A college degree or equivalent is required with a preference in business or IT; an advanced degree in the management with an information technology concentration is preferred.
Email resume to email@example.com
in MS Word or text format - please use the position title as the subject line of your Email. Please do not send "zip" files, they will not be opened.