- Services & Support
- Sales & Distribution
The goal of HydraForce’s internship program is to develop future engineering resources for our organization while providing support to our Engineering groups. We structure the engineering internship to allow candidates the opportunity to develop knowledge and skill-sets unique to our industry. Project tasks reflect an increasing level of technical complexity based on demonstrated proficiency and success on prior assignments. Although there is no guarantee of employment, it is our goal to have our interns fully capable of stepping into an entry-level engineering position upon graduation.Supporting job elements:
- Analyze and relate customer defect details to the function of the hydraulic circuit of valve
- Test circuit of valve trying different parameters to simulate customer experience
- Interrogate circuit, valves and components for source of performance failure
- Travel to customer to experience customers’ situation, environment and processes
- Resolve cause of nonconformance by improving assembly process, design improvement, or correcting application source of performance failure
- Report findings in a complete and professional 8D format
- Be prepared to present findings with the customer, sales, manufacturing and design
- Committed to an engineering college undergraduate program
- Completed a minimum of 24 hours at the university level
- Advanced computing/computer knowledge and experience
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Strong technical/mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently; as well as in a team environment
Majors Desired: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Industrial Technology or Automotive Engineering
GPA Desired: 3.25 in major | 3.0 in general studies (if freshman)
Program Dates: May 26 - August 2 Full Time
***Candidates MUST be able to commit to this time frame
Candidates must answer the following questions and include this with your resume to be considered for the position as well as a letter of recommendation from a professor in your major which can follow at a later date.
Documents must be in PDF or Word format. Include specific position in subject line.
1. Why would I like to intern at HydraForce?
2. What do I hope to learn/gain from this experience?
Applications are due no later than March 1, 2020
Email resume to email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format - please use the position title as the
subject line of your Email. Please do not send "zip" files, they will not be opened.